    USB 2.0 port and a Firewire port from P4P800 to the front
    panel of Sonata case? Does the USB plug on Sonata support
    USB 2.0?

    online, Jul 8, 2003

  2. online

    Elvis Chen Guest

    hi,

    How did you get the front-firewire to work? I just installed the same
    setup (P4P800 + Sonata) but I couldn't get the firewire to work in the
    Sonata case. The USB and the front audio work though.

    The Sonata case only has 1 line for the ground and power. Do you mind
    giving a detailed description on how you get the front-firewire to work?

    thx very much,

    Elvis Chen, Jul 8, 2003

  3. online

    Alan Deehr Guest

    The Sonata is intended by Antec to be USB 2.0 on the front
    panel; however, the Sonata that I received at the end of
    June did not support USB 2.0 when I tested it.

    I emailed Antec and they quickly mailed a replacement part
    (small circuit board) that solved the problem.

    This board is on the front panel and has headers that the
    cables from the motherboard plug into. On the front side of
    the board are the external USB, firewire, microphone and
    headphone connectors.

    I'm happy with the Sonata case. The quiet computer is a
    nice change from what I had.

    Alan Deehr, Jul 10, 2003