P4P800 Delux latest 3COM driver still showing as July

Discussion in 'Asus' started by John Smith, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Hi,

    I downloaded the latest P4P800 Delux 3COM driver from the Asus site today,
    installed it on my XP Pro box and after reboot the NIC driver still is
    saying it is from July 15th and not, as I expected, 11th November. Anyone
    else getting this?

    I followed the XP txt file in the readme folder to install but it seemed a
    bit of a mess so maybe I got it wrong. Can someone point me in the right
    direction? Also, I no longer have the 3COM NIC Diagnostics or Network
    Utilities installed - anyone know how to get them back, preferably a newer
    version but I can't find them on the Asus site.

    Thanks,

    John.

    John Smith, Nov 26, 2003

  2. John Smith

    Chris Guest

    Try uninstalling new drivers,reinstall old drivers/with network
    apps.Then update driver via Device Manager.Point it to a folder with
    the new drivers in it(unzipped) and update just the .inf file.

    Chris, Nov 28, 2003

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Thanks, tried that and it don't work. Am begining to wonder whether it is
    simply the driver info that is wrong - i.e. Asus did not update it?

    John.

    John Smith, Nov 30, 2003