    sound card in it because I liked that card much better than the onboard
    sound setup. Thanks all --

    Sincerely - Randyman

    Randyman, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Randyman

    Paul Guest

    You can try www.pricewatch.com and click "motherboard accessories".
    You might not find the Asus bracket there, but other than Newegg
    it is the only place I can think of.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Randyman

    Slash Guest

    The P4P800 Deluxe should have a 1394 port right above two USB ports on
    the back.. there's a header for a second port too, but I thought I'd
    tell you in case you missed the onboard one.

    -Slash

    Slash, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Randyman

    Randyman Guest

    Thanks Slash and Paul. I see the onboard firewire socket that Slash
    mentioned. It is too bad Asus does not say where a guy can get the missing
    bracket for the other pins on the MB. My father has the A7N8X dlx (I set
    that up for him); it came with the extra bracket. Perhaps his bracket might
    fit this board. Anyone have other ideas about where to get the extra
    bracket, etc. ----please post. Thanks all --- and happy Thanksgiving to USA
    folks.
    Sincerely -- Randyman
    =========================

    Randyman, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Maybe a front 5 1/2 inch bay firewire case mount is out there someplace?
    Might be a little easier to plug and unplug the video cam into the front of
    the computer instead of the rear...?

    Jim

    Jim in Canada, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Randyman

    harry wong Guest

    Randy- I see that you're an execpc subscriber. If you're in WI, go to
    Milwaukee PC, or search the mpcparts.com website for the bracket.

    If you also happen to be in need of a case with a quiet powersupply, the
    Antec 1080 has front USB and Firewire ports that connect really well to the
    P4P800 (it's what I'm using).

    harry wong, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Randyman

    Randyman Guest

    Thanks all___I've got a Cadillac Antec (1200? case with no front
    connections)--- good enough for now Harry.

    Sincerely -- Randyman

    Randyman, Nov 28, 2003