    adapter male side (side towards cable) has the pin; the ide cable has a
    filled plug. In the past I've just bent the adapter pin out of the way
    without issues. Could this be contributing?

    wheel, Sep 8, 2006

  2. wheel

    wheel Guest

    Solved, just had to rearrange jumpers.

    Still curious about why the ide pins can be different, and if not using
    a pin has any impact?

    wheel, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Still curious about why the ide pins can be different, and if not using
    Yahoo
    "IDE pinout"
    first hit:
    http://www.bbdsoft.com/ide.html

    Pin 20: Just a filled key hole so you can't reverse the connector,
    probably many manufacturers use the cheaper standard connector
    with all contacts in place as the connector body has a key too.
    There are some mobos with the male connectors just being
    two rows of pins without body and only "1" written on the board.

    Friedrich Wuelfing, Sep 8, 2006