    Printer, Umax Astra 2200 Scanner

    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK, Nov 19, 2004

  2. You rebooted after doing what exactly?

    Have you checked your BIOS to see which drive/partition you're booting
    from? I've discovered that after making changes to my system, like
    adding a new hdd, the BIOS will make a different drive my boot drive.

    Bill Anderson

    Bill Anderson, Nov 19, 2004

  3. NBK

    NBK Guest

    I ran Maxtor's PowerMax to check for errors and found some errors on it.
    More than likely i am looking at clean install!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK, Nov 19, 2004
  4. NBK

    NBK Guest

    Can anyone think of something before i lowlevel format the hard drive.
    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK, Nov 19, 2004
  5. NBK

    m.marien Guest

    I'm fairly certain that PowerMax warns you about destroying the data whe it
    makes changes. I checked a few drives with it for warrantee. One it fixed.
    Everything was wiped from before, but it rewrote the partition table so that
    basically wipes out the partitions anyhow.

    If it's really important, try norton or something - otherwise, start again
    sir.

    m.marien, Nov 20, 2004
  6. NBK

    NBK Guest

    I low-level formatted the drive. I am thinking about replacing it.
    Thanks
    NBK

    NBK, Nov 21, 2004