P4P800 Deluxe and blue screen during startup

Discussion in 'Asus' started by mafiaboy, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. mafiaboy

    mafiaboy Guest

    Hi there,

    I've recently built a new system with a P4P800 Deluxe motherboard
    (bios 1008), 2x512 Mb Kingston HyperX PC 3500, P4 2.8C 800 FSB and a
    MSI Geforce4 TI4200 8x.
    I've installed all the drivers (detonator 44.03, Intel Chipset inf) as
    usual, but during the boot phase, I get a blue screen after the
    Windows XP logo (STOP c0000415 Unknown hard error). Then I booted in
    safe mode, and I got a message saying that the Geforce4 is responsible
    for the system instability. So I decided to uninstall the detonator
    drivers.....and my system booted up normally in Windows XP. I replaced
    the Geforce4 TI4200 with an old Geforce2 MX and everything was OK.
    What I don't understand is that my GF4 TI 4200 works very well with my
    A7V333.........
    Could it be an issue with the P4P800 Deluxe ????

    Thank's for your help !!!

    My specs:

    P4P800 Deluxe
    2x512 Mb Kingston HyperX PC 3500
    P4 2.8C 800 FSB
    MSI Geforce4 TI4200 8x
    SoundMax 4 onboard
    DVD Pioneer 120S
    Sony DRU-510 DVD +RW/-RW
    2x 80Gb IBM
    PSU 460W Enermax
    Windows XP Pro Sp1

    mafiaboy, Jul 10, 2003

  2. mafiaboy

    BNR Guest

    DDR timings?

    BNR, Jul 11, 2003

  3. mafiaboy

    kayzesose Guest

    Hi, will the p4p800 work with geforce2 mx 200 cards? i have an old
    inno3d gf2 mx 200 agpx4 i was hoping to use temporarily. Thanks

    kayzesose, Jul 17, 2003
  4. mafiaboy

    mafiaboy Guest

    Yes it will work.....I tried with an old Geforce2 MX and I haven't
    encountered a single problem.

    To come back to my problem, I took my whole PC back to the store and
    they discovered that my Geforce4 TI4200 was causing this problem. THey
    gave me the same card and everything is fine now.

    mafiaboy, Jul 18, 2003