    - BIOS rev 1010 Beta 006

    who can help? and idea?

    Robert

    Robert Ehrlich, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Robert Ehrlich

    Stu Guest

    Who knows the speaker "beep codes" during startup?

    Erm yes...they are in the mobo manual if u want to know what they mean.
    Unplug it from the mobo!

    Stu, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Robert Ehrlich

    FredP Guest

    Erm yes...they are in the mobo manual if u want to know what they mean.

    Umm ... one would think so, but ... In my manual, the title page for Chap 3
    says " ... give information on the BIOS beep codes", but there's nothing in
    that chapter about what the codes mean, other than "... the BIOS beeps".

    I imagine that's why the OP asked the question, and I'm curious myself.

    FredP, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Robert Ehrlich

    Bax Guest

    There are only a couple of error-related beep codes, mostly to do with video
    card problems.
    But remember, this board also gives you one beep for each USB device
    attached to your system. These beeps are normal.

    Bax, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Robert Ehrlich

    FredP Guest

    Ah, thanks Bax ... makes sense ... I get two beeps and have two USB devices.

    FredP, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Robert Ehrlich

    Bax Guest

    Bax, Nov 25, 2003
  7. You get a beep for every USB device it detects. I get 2 beeps as I have
    a USB mouse and a memory stick reader. If I take out the reader and
    reboot....1 beep (amazing eh?) ;)

    That's what you are likely hearing.

    Nick (no dashes), Nov 28, 2003