    PS I'm looking to use Corsair Twinx 1024-3200C2 memory?
    Anyone try it ... or can anyone make any other suggestions.

    This information is greatly appreciated.

    nigel, Feb 20, 2004

  2. nigel

    JTS Guest

    Great board. You will see complaints on popular boards because many people
    have them. Also, many have no clue as to what they are doing, which
    generates more complaints.

    Todd

    JTS, Feb 20, 2004

  3. nigel

    billh Guest

    Just about all users don't post when the board is working fine. Bound to be
    a few problems pop up here and there.
    Billh

    billh, Feb 20, 2004
  4. nigel

    nigel Guest

    To all:

    Thanks for the feedback

    nigel, Feb 20, 2004
  5. nigel

    llamaboiz Guest

    Its not really so much complaints as it is newbies who are trying to set up
    a mobo for the first time. My first DIY rig was with a P4S8X, i really
    learned ALOT about mobos with that board, so when i built my friends
    p4p800deluxe based rig last month, took 1hr to tweak bios with no
    problems... but... experiance does make the process smoother...

    course most mobo problems are due to ram, always get corsair xms type, pay
    more but worth every penny.

    llamaboiz, Feb 20, 2004
  6. nigel

    Lynn Coffelt Guest

    I just completed my P4P800 Deluxe, as the 5th computer I've assembled. The
    most difficult part of the whole thing was reading and reading motherboard
    specs, reviews and comments. For me, the winning features were: not in any
    particular order:
    Built-in LAN
    SATA
    Front panel USB, Firewire, and audio headers
    Built-in not-too-bad audio
    AGP X8 video card slot
    Dual channel DDS memory capability
    memory channel speed scales down to my PC2100 sticks
    Runs just about any currently available P4 chips
    AND many other minor things, as well as my previous good experiences with
    Asus motherboards.

    Bottom line is that I am as pleased as punch with my new 'puter. DVD
    burning, mass MP3 storage, fantastic speed working with Paint Shop Pro. The
    only thing I haven't tried yet, but am really anxious to get going, is MS
    Flight Simulator with a decent USB joy stick. (What is a decent, low cost
    USB joystick with twist grip for rudder?)

    There have been no problems that I did not create myself, and the learning
    curve of networking through a broadband router is steeper than I had counted
    on.

    This board is a really great compromise. It doesn't do everything, of
    course, but I can't find one that does more of the things that I wanted to
    do.

    "Two thumbs up"

    Old Chief Lynn

    Lynn Coffelt, Feb 20, 2004
  7. nigel

    Roy Coorne Guest

    llamaboiz wrote:

    There are other brands of excellent quality but less expensive
    (Crucial/Micron, Infineon...).

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Feb 20, 2004
  8. nigel

    Curt Guest

    I bought the p4p800dlx to put in a new system for my daughter a couple of
    months ago. I'd always been an Intel prior to this. Once everything was up
    and running, I liked the board so much, that I decided to keep it for
    myself. It was easy to setup and has been rock solid. If you take your time
    setting it up, you won't be disappointed.
    As for memory, this has no problem with Kingston or Elixir.

    btw...I put a p4s800,(a good board also), in my daughter's box.

    Curt.

    Curt, Feb 20, 2004
  9. nigel

    th Guest

    Great board but with some minor drawbacks that I discovered:

    * The POST default setting is to report CPU fan failure when the CPU fan speed
    is below a certain value. This feature is not compatible with thermistor
    controlled fans that run at a low speed at power-on. Maybe using the Q-fan
    setting solves this but then the fan speed will not be low enough for a
    significant fan noise reduction

    * The SATA IF does not support RAID1 (although claimed so by the ASUS web page,
    maybe later issues has changed), reducing the possibility of combining high
    performance and high reliability

    *The SATA IF is the third IDE controller which means that if it is partitioned
    in more than one disk the CD or DVD will default be disk D: and the other hard
    disks E:, F: etc

    * The slow boot problem can occur for some configurations but the User's Manual
    doesn't give a hint on how to solve the problem

    * The offered binding is a bit poor. One woud have liked more
    panels/cables/connectors for the additional interfaces that are available on the
    board

    I also found that the Auto CPU voltage setting gives a voltage that is too high
    (2,6 GHz P4, 1,6 V vs 1,525 V max according to the CPU box), but maybe that
    could be an error in the monitoring.

    This is my 6th computer assembly, been working with others like Jetway (with old
    AMD K6!!), EPOX, QDI and other ASUS boards. This is the most feature rich board
    I've used and with as little problems as with the other boards. Actually the
    only boards that died for me was an ASUS P3V4X (IDE controller broke down).

    th, Feb 20, 2004
  10. nigel

    Hoonose Guest

    You can certainly change the assigned drive letters if you're using WIndows XP.
    Check in Admin Tools....Comp Management....Disk Management.
    Gene

    Hoonose, Feb 21, 2004
  11. FOE!

    I had good success with the P4P800 but they are discontinued now (Of
    course) replaced by the P4P800-ES. Stay away from it if you intend to
    use the lan port. I bought 10 of them and they are all going back to
    the hole they blew out of.

    Mr 3948572734, May 11, 2004