P4P800 Deluxe: no boot with 2 pata + 4 cd-rom + 1 sata

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ilreds, Jun 20, 2004.

  1. ilreds

    ilreds Guest

    Hi to all,
    i've installed a maxtor 160 gb sata on a pc with these specs:
    primary master cd-rom asus
    primary slave cd-rw yamaha
    secondary master cd-rw lite-on
    secondary slave dvd-rw lite-on
    primary master on via controller maxtor 80 gb pata
    secondary master on via controller quantum fireball 20 gb pata

    Before installing sata hd the pc boot normally and the boot hd is
    maxtor 80 gb pata, after installing maxtor 160 gb sata the pc don't
    boot, i must wait about 30 secs then pc says that he don't find any
    peripheral for boot.

    I've upgraded bios from 1014 to 1016 (lastest) and i configured
    enhanced with pata+sata, no raid, and i choosed maxtor 80 gb pata in
    the hd sub-menu in boot menu.

    If i remove the sata hd the system boot in the same way and random
    boot well.

    Any idea?

    P.S. this is my friend's pc, he don't want removing any cd-rom o other
    disc.

    ilreds, Jun 20, 2004

  2. ilreds

    Paul Guest

    What happens when you try Enhanced with IDE Operate Mode of [S-ATA] ?

    From pg 4-13 of the manual:

    "Enhanced Mode Support On [S-ATA]

    The default setting S-ATA allows you to use native OS on Serial
    ATA and Parallel ATA ports. We recommend that you do not change
    the default setting for better OS compatibility. In this setting,
    you may use legacy OS on the Parallel ATA ports only if you did
    not install any Serial ATA device.

    The P-ATA+S-ATA and P-ATA options are for advanced users only.
    If you set to any of these options and encounter problems, revert
    to the default setting S-ATA."

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 20, 2004