    immediately.

    Has anyone seen this that can recommend how I can correct? Thanks in
    advance.

    trooper2, Jul 4, 2004

  2. trooper2

    Paul Guest

    For technical background, see the ICH5/ICH5R datasheet. This is the
    one I use:

    Section 5.13.7.4 "Handling Power Failures" Pg. 154
    http://developer.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/25251601.pdf

    As you suggest, the power button is supposed to be a wake up source,
    but only if power button status (PWRBTN_STS) works properly.

    Unless this is another one of those issues with ACPI not being
    tuned up properly, (i.e. use dumppo.exe), I'd say maybe you
    have a very slight fault in your Southbridge. Try using dumppo.exe,
    to see whether ACPI is supported and enabled on your motherboard.
    Check for any settings in the BIOS for ACPI, make sure your OS
    install uses a HAL that supports ACPI, then get a copy of dumppo:

    ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Products/Oemtest/v1.1/WOSTest/Tools/Acpi/dumppo.exe

    If you cannot make any progress that way, do a warranty return (RMA).

    Just some guesses,
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 5, 2004