P4P800-Deluxe Rev 2.00A Will Zalman 7000A-Cu fit?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by John, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi All,

    Just picked up a P4P800 Deluxe Rev 2.00A. Upon close inspection, Asus
    has gone to a different Northbridge heatsink assembly than used on
    earlier P4P800's. Compared to the P4P800 Deluxe pictured on their WEB
    site, the new Northbridge heatsink is black, appears to be significantly
    taller, is no longer canted at a 45 degree angle and has an Asus logo
    affixed to it.

    I was just about to order a 2.6 Gig CPU along with a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu
    cooler in the hopes of running cool when I attempt kicking up the FSB to
    250.

    Does anybody know from first hand experience if the Zalman mentioned
    above will fit on the P4P800 Rev 2.00A board and not interfere with the
    new larger Northbridge heatsink assembly?

    Thanks in advance to all who reply.

    John

    John, Nov 2, 2003

  2. John

    Steve Gibbs Guest

    I have revision 1.82 of this motherboard with the same Zalman fan and
    clearance is not a problem. The northbridge heatsink on my board version is
    aluminium, measures approx. 42 x 42 mm and not mounted at 45 degrees. If
    just the height of the northbridge heatsink has since been increased,
    assuming it's position in relation to the CPU hasn't changed, then the
    Zalman heatsink will still be fine. In fact there is sufficent separation
    between heatsinks such that the height of either is not a problem.

    The fan mate speed controller for the CPU is set to 'silent' mode and the
    fan runs at about 1350 rpm. (Peace at last!) However, the BIOS seems to
    treat this as being too slow and reports such in the POST.

    Running a 2.66GHz CPU at +20% is perfectly stable and ASUS Probe reports a
    CPU temperature of only 33C.

    Hope this helps.

    Steve

    Steve Gibbs, Nov 2, 2003

  3. John

    John Guest

    Steve,

    Thanks for the reply. I did a couple of rough measurements and it
    appears mine Northbridge heatsink is 42 X42 mm like yours is and stands
    off the surface of the motherboard by roughly 34 mm. Glad to hear you
    have plenty of clearance for your Zalman. I doubt if my heatsink is
    significantly taller than yours and even if it is, by what you reported
    the Zalman 7000A-Cu should fit very nicely.

    Time to place an order!

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Nov 2, 2003