    I noticed this ram has different specs than there more pricey Kingston. Will
    there be a noticeable difference in speed??

    Thanks, Martin

    Martin Hirsch, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Martin Hirsch

    Lazarus Guest

    I`ve got cheap noname ram in mine so i reckon you will have no problem with
    the kingston

    Notice that your ram is cl3

    Thats the slowest ram with 2.5cl being faster and cl2 the fastest

    You get what you pay for

    Lazarus, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Martin Hirsch

    Alex Guest

    My Geil Golden Dragon RAM works well, and isn't under the Asus RAM approved
    manufactures list.

    I concur with Lazarus also. It Would be a CRIME! to Install average ram on
    an above average Motherboard.

    Alex, Aug 14, 2004
  4. Martin Hirsch

    RayO Guest

    The real crime is when you install crash happy generics!
    CL differences are a very minor performance issue. WinNT/2k/XP are
    especially demanding when it comes to RAM quality,
    even more so at higher speeds. When you install RAM,
    any RAM, but especially generics, test them thoroughly,
    I mean tests that run hours, not seconds or minutes, moving
    many GBs of data around.

    Personally, I wouldn't install a generic even if you paid me.

    RayO

    RayO, Aug 14, 2004
  5. Martin Hirsch

    sheer Guest

    I use this ram on a P4C800E Deluxe and it is fine. I have overclocked the
    system 10% no problems, and upped the voltage on the ram no problems.

    sheer, Aug 14, 2004
  6. Martin Hirsch

    Gerd Jakobs Guest

    Same to you ;-)
    I?m runnin here KVR400X64C3AK2/1G on the same board without any
    problems
    since one week.

    HTH, Gerd

    Gerd Jakobs, Aug 14, 2004