  1. wannabetech

    wannabetech Guest

    What is the difference please.

    wannabetech, May 15, 2006

  2. wannabetech

    wannabetech Guest

    wannabetech, May 16, 2006
  3. wannabetech

    Paul Guest

    Try this page (in the right column, they forgot to include the
    two SATA connectors, which are on the board):

    http://usa.asus.com/products_compare_show.aspx?array_model=178&array_model=179

    Paul

    Paul, May 17, 2006
  4. wannabetech

    wannabetech Guest

    wannabetech, May 17, 2006
  5. wannabetech

    Leythos Guest

    Leythos, May 17, 2006
  6. wannabetech

    wannabetech Guest

    I have the SE board. My friend wants to get a new motherboard and I'm
    pointing him to the SE board, but I thought he should know about both
    boards and which one he'd want.

    It's a bit confusing though on the FSB of the deluxe board. At the
    top it says fsb of 800MHz only but down below it says 400/533/800 fsb.

    The other question is that the sata ports on the SE board can be used
    without using raid. Is this possible with the deluxe board. Neither
    one of us is intrested in raid. I have a video capture card and he's
    going to go that way also. We both have an extensive tape (VHS)
    libarary and want to transer it to DVD format. I'm already doing this
    and it rocks.

    wannabetech, May 17, 2006
  7. wannabetech

    Paul Guest

    Both boards use the same chipset, so they should share the same
    processor capabilities. Go to support.asus.com.tw and use
    the CPUsupport function, to list all the processors that are
    supported. The CPUsupport page is the only way to be absolutely sure.

    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    The ICH5R SATA can be used for ordinary single drive usage or
    for RAID. I recommend downloading the user manual, and read up
    on the product, as that should make things a bit clearer for you.

    (See "Configure SATA as RAID" [yes no] on PDF page 77.)
    http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800-se/e1886_p4p800_se.pdf

    Paul

    Paul, May 19, 2006
  8. wannabetech

    wannabetech Guest

    Once again thanks. Neither one of us wants to use Raid. I have the
    P4P800 SE board and manual. At one time I thought of getting the
    deluxe board but since it said it didn't support 533 FSB I got the SE
    and have been very happy about it.

    wannabetech, May 20, 2006