    But what means 'Linear Mode'?

    Can one select an other Mode?

    TIA

    Peter Wagner, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Peter Wagner

    Bill Smith Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:48:32 +0200, "Peter Wagner" <>

    yes, linear mode means your dual channel ddr is working correctly...

    Bill Smith, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Peter Wagner

    Peter Wagner Guest

    Thank you Bill.

    Peter Wagner, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Peter Wagner

    Paul Guest

    There is an Intel document on memory modes here:
    ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/25273001.pdf

    The mode will be set by the BIOS, and as to whether
    the status on the screen reflects what is going on under
    the hood, your best bet is to use a Windows utility to see
    what mode the chipset and memory are in. CPUZ, ctiaw are
    examples of utilities. Sandra also has some info.

    Some guys have hours of fun with this stuff:
    http://abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49613&highlight=ctiaw

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Peter Wagner

    Peter Wagner Guest

    Paul,

    Thank you very much for your answer and the links.

    Peter Wagner, Sep 10, 2004