P4P800-E, "Promise SATA console SCSI processor"

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Johnny Asia, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. Johnny Asia

    Johnny Asia Guest

    I just reinstalled Windows 2000,
    Now, I see an exclamation mark in device manager
    next to:
    "Promise SATA console SCSI processor"

    I can't install the driver, Windows can't find it, I have tried
    several times, using the Asus installation CD.

    I'm not overclocking, the RAM is set to "auto"

    my system:

    Windows 2000 Professional w/ service pack 3
    ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE mainboard
    P4 2.8EGHz
    1GB Geil Dual Channel PC3200
    Thermaltake 420 watt psu
    WD 80 GB hard drive
    ATI 7200 LE 32MB video card

    +

    +

    Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
    http://johnnyasia.info

    Johnny Asia, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Johnny Asia

    Scott Guest

    your drive a serial ata drive? You need to be clear with us here about the
    exact specifics since this can be a hard drive issue :)

    you check your bios to make sure you have the promise card set for IDE only
    and not RAID? << im betting thats it right there or perhaps windows
    ebforehand never detected the device not in use and it does now. Check that
    Bios and again "IDE" for the promise controller. NOT RAID!!

    also does it really matter? You only have one drive it works right?

    Scott, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Johnny Asia

    Nom Guest

    A couple of things to note :

    Service Pack 4 is the current revision of Windows 2000.

    The current version of Windows 2000 (NT 5.0) is Windows XP (NT 5.1) - you
    should upgrade as soon as possible.

    Whenever you're having issues like these, you should always ensure your
    software and drivers are all bang uptodate - this will often cure the
    problem !

    Nom, Oct 6, 2004