    is doing absolutely nothing. We have tried to disable the
    temp sensors in the BIOS, but the random alerts still occur.
    Any suggestions? TIA

    Eckto, May 22, 2006

  2. Eckto

    GHalleck Guest

    What are the threshold settings for the alarms? For example,
    the CPU threshold temp could be as high as 75 deg C or more,
    depending on what are its specifications. The motherboard
    could be around 60 deg C. If they are set at proper levels,
    then check the ventilation throughout the computer, clear all
    the fan grilles and the heatsink fins of lint, dust and other
    debris.

    GHalleck, May 22, 2006

  3. Eckto

    Paul Guest

    "the temperature readout on the front panel" ?

    What hardware makes the readout on the front panel ?
    Is this a third party product ? What is the make
    and model number of the hardware readout device ?

    Paul

    Paul, May 22, 2006
  4. Eckto

    Frobinrobin Guest

    what is the temp increase? like; 5-6 degrees or a lot higher? what is
    it normally?
    If the temp sensor in the bios is disabled then it is likely to be a
    secondary piece of monitoring hardware that is beeping and could either
    be faulty or not correctly connected. A bit more information on this
    front panel would be helpful (I'm guessing it came with the case, if
    so, what case is it?).

    Frobinrobin, May 22, 2006