    onboard? And would the output be inferior to creative products?

    Thanks.

    -bron

    Bronney Hui, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Bronney Hui

    Phil Guest

    If it's like the onboard audio on my A7N8X-X it will suck CPU cycles and be
    blown away by a SB Live 5.1 (that I'm currently using)

    Phil, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Bronney Hui

    GMAN Guest

    I,ve been toying with the onboard audio but with the onboard audio, you lose
    the basic Bass/Treble adjustments that youll have with the SB live.

    GMAN, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Bronney Hui

    DaveW Guest

    The onboard sound chip does use CPU cycles and will slow your system when
    complex game sounds are playing. And, No, the onboard chip does NOT sound
    as good as an add-on card.

    DaveW, Aug 7, 2004
  5. Terratec makes very good soundcarts. I hate Creative now. My Audigy doesn't
    work and my surround speakers from 400 dollar broke after a half hour
    working twice ( after repair ). It's junk!!

    Maarten

    ">
    with the C flavour, how's the onboard audio compared to SBLive! X-Gamer.

    mijnhoekje.nl, Aug 8, 2004
  6. Bronney Hui

    GMAN Guest

    I agree, after messing around with my P4P800 Deluxe onboard sound ,then
    replacing it with my SB Live 5.1, the SB Live blew it away. The onboard sound
    suffered from a sort of breathing like fluctuation sound.

    GMAN, Aug 9, 2004
  7. Bronney Hui

    bronney Guest

    Thanks everyone for reply :) You guys are great! The reason why I
    asked was cuz I thought I could get away from the SBLive! driver
    problems once and for all. Cuz I've been thru the days of switching
    PCI slots, install liveware vs. the software on cd vs. win xp native.
    The whole deal, such as losing sound in counter strike, not being able
    to tweak the 32 voices output as in windows me's driver, not being
    able to use 2 vid cards while the SBLive!'s in place.

    Well guess I'd have to stick to the SBLive!. I don't see why I need
    an Audigy yet since I have no room for 5.1. And the SBLive! does 4
    points pretty well.

    Thanks.

    -bron

    bronney, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Bronney Hui

    outtapng Guest

    You're absolutely right.

    I read your reply (above) early August, and after disabling the P4P
    on-board sound chip, finally bought and installed an SB-Live 5.1.

    The only thing I would add; The P4P800 built-in sound chip will also
    'drag-down' frame-rate when CPU and/or Graphics are complex.

    FS-2004 flight sim is really intense with everything (sound,
    graphics, CPU, etc.), and the P4P-800 sound chip can barely handle it,
    at least with my setup. I can't tell how much yet, but there's a
    really dramatic difference in frame-rate improvement with the SB-Live
    installed.

    That dang sound chip was sucking the 'life' out of my CPU!! ... :)

    outtapng, Aug 21, 2004
  9. Bronney Hui

    Bronney Hui Guest

    Thanks mate.. took the advice and kept my sblive. Been flying ever since.
    Man I love fs2004 on this new rig.

    Bronney Hui, Aug 23, 2004