    SPD and the board is rock solid although it will not overclock and
    occasiionally locks up if I have the chipset set to Turbo.

    Bob

    Bob, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Bob

    Haqsau Guest

    Have you checked what the settings actually are? If you set it to manual I
    think the settings it initially shows are the settings it was using. My RAM
    is supposed to be CL3, but the BIOS has set them at CL 2.5. My machine is
    rock solid also but will not boot in Turbo mode. I assume that the problem
    is the CL setting. Since it is running fine as is I left it on the
    automatic settings, but I'm sure if I ever want to overclock I will need to
    change it.

    Haqsau, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Bob

    Bill Beam Guest

    I overclocked my system to 230 mhz FSB and put the RAM to 320mhz -
    this upped my proc speed to 3.2 from 2.8 but my overall benchmark
    score on 3DMark 03 went down a 1000 pts. So I went back to bios
    defaults and tried new Ram timings as shown below. System would not
    boot into Windows. This might be because I couldn't find where to
    raise RAM voltage to 1.75 as suggested below. Could someone tell me
    where that setting is in the BIOS? My RAM is XMS 3500 - 2 500meg
    packs. Also, CPU-Z program reports my memory bus as 210mhz when I
    overclock 5% through the BIOS. Should that be 400 since I'm running
    dual Ram or is just the program reporting it wrong. Also, CPU-Z
    reports my RAM as XMS 3200 - I'm assuming the program just isn't
    up-to-date. Any ideas or comments much appreciated. Thx

    Bill Beam, Jul 7, 2003
  4. CPU-Z reports the raw bus speed, which is 210 Mhz (420 Mhz DDR)

    Also, CPU-Z
    There is no official specification yet for PC3500, PC3200 is still the
    highest speed.

    Jacque_Strapp, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Bob

    xxxDanielxxx Guest

    I figured that, and that is why I bought the PC3200 in stead of PC3500 like
    most people do! ;)

    xxxDanielxxx, Jul 9, 2003