p4p800 or Gigabyte 8IPE 1000 Pro?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Y.C., Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Y.C.

    Y.C. Guest

    Hi, everyone~

    I need everyone's suggestion about my computer.... I am going to
    assemble a new set of computer for architecture 3D and AutoCAD.....
    not for game. My idea is as following~

    CPU:
    Intel P4 2.4G <=== prefer FSB800 unless I have to use P4PE, then I
    have to pick FSB533. I should buy the fan for the CPU, too right?
    Which kind?

    Motherboard:
    Asus P4P800 (P4P800 VM? any different?) or <==== I checked this one
    is very picky on the RAM and VGA Card, specially the ram from
    Kingston.
    Gigabyte 8IPE 1000 Pro or <===== not a lot of people have comments
    on this one
    Asus P4PE <===== this one will be my last choice since the other two
    above have better future for upgrading....... am I right?

    RAM:
    DDRAM400 256MBX2 or 512MB, TwinMOS, Kingston, Corsair or Samsung?

    Graphics Card:
    Nvida GeForce 4 Ti 4200 or
    ATI Radeon 9500 pro this one is great, but expensive >_<....... worthy
    for spending this kind of money?

    HD:
    80G WD or Maxtor?

    CD-RW:
    LiteOn LTR-52246S 52R 52W 24RW or
    PlexWriter 48/24/48A

    Case no idea~

    System stablility is my first piority since I don't know hardware that
    well..... :p I have tried my best to search all kinds of
    information..... sometimes I am wondering if I should take the future
    upgrading possibility as the part of the consideration. Technology
    is changing everyday!!!

    Thank you! All kinds of suggestions are welcome!

    Sincerely,

    Y.C.

    Y.C., Jul 6, 2003

  2. Y.C.

    Dolp Guest

    Well, b4 I bought P4P800DX, I also thought of Gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro if I was
    going to get a non-RAID mb.

    IMHO, P4P800 (non-DX) and Gigabyte 8IPE1000Pro are similar in terms of
    function. But i think if you are going to overclock P4P800 is better than
    8IPE1000Pro. I am not sure, but for 8IPE1000Pro you can use IrDA but P4P800
    can't.

    Both of them can their own technology to avoid problems in flashing bios.

    I think 8IPE1000Pro is cheaper than P4P800 in your place?

    Dolp, Jul 8, 2003