    Some of my friends told me, that this chip (ADI AD1985) 'sucks'.. it's
    SPDIF does not work well/at all.

    Thnx.

    Tuomas, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Tuomas

    Darkfalz Guest

    Though I don't use the SPDIF, the performance/quality of the chip is fine
    for me.

    One problem though, if you set the volume levels too high you do get
    occasional popping sounds (waveform overflows no doubt, which aren't
    clipped).

    Darkfalz, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Tuomas

    ewqq Guest

    I use the P4PE chipset and soundmax audio, I to get those pops, so far they
    don't come out on the encoded mps or video captures I do.. Thank God, but the
    card has good sound, I also don't use the SPDIF, I use a soundblaster 5.1 and
    soundblaster 16 in other systems.. I think the audio chip dos pretty good. It
    does not have all the good stuff my soundblaster has, thats for sure, but its
    just as good,. its just those pops that are anoying kinda..

    ewqq, Jan 15, 2004