    downloaded the 'Qualified Vendor List' does not list 1GB RAM modules.

    Many thanks in advance

    Matt U.K.

    Jasmine Hodge-Lake, Jun 10, 2006

  2. Jasmine Hodge-Lake

    old man Guest

    So why did you not go direct to manu site?
    see www.corsair.com and use their configerator; it shows 512mb modules

    old man, Jun 10, 2006

  3. Jasmine Hodge-Lake

    DaveW Guest

    That board will NOT run reliably with all four RAM slots filled. Use a
    maximum of three sticks of RAM.

    DaveW, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Jasmine Hodge-Lake

    Paul Guest

    First of all, I haven't been able to reach ebuyer.com, and my
    DNS doesn't even acknowledge the domain exists. So I haven't been
    able to look at your product links.

    The best approach really depends on whether you are an overclocker
    or not. An 865PE based board would be perfectly happy with either
    configuration you mention above. The 2 x 1GB configuration is
    easier to drive at higher clock rates, than 4 x 512MB. If you
    are just running DDR400 sticks at stock speed, then either
    configuration would work.

    The QVL is prepared when a board is released, and Asus may or
    may not add to the list as the board gets older. I would not
    rely on the QVL in terms of RAM recommendations, since the
    way the RAM products are built, can change with time.

    I run 4 x 512MB in my P4C800-E Deluxe without a problem. I expect
    if I tried it, 2 x 1GB would run just as well.

    If you want the Intel memory guide for 865, it is here:

    ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/25303601.pdf

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 11, 2006
  5. Jasmine Hodge-Lake

    BigJim Guest

    I have this board and I run 2 gig
    use 2 one gig sticks in the dual channel mode
    I have a 3.2 P4 clocked up to 3.52 it would go higher but it is very stable
    where it is at.
    I am running a 6800gt with no problems.
    Corsair memory 3200

    BigJim, Jun 11, 2006
  6. I am running the P5P800 (socket 775), which uses the same chipset, with
    3 GB with no problems. I have 2 512 MB memory modules and 2 1 GB memory
    modules installed. It all runs in dual channel mode.

    Michael W. Ryder, Jun 11, 2006

  7. Hi Paul,

    Thanks for the reply, I think I'll go for the 2 x 1GB configuration.

    Matt U.K.

    Jasmine Hodge-Lake, Jun 11, 2006
  8. Hi DaveW,

    Jasmine Hodge-Lake, Jun 11, 2006

  9. Hi DaveW,

    Jasmine Hodge-Lake, Jun 11, 2006
  10. Hi Oldman,

    The Corsair website recommends 'TWINX2048-3200C2' (2 x 1GB) which is what
    I'm going for.

    Thanks

    matt U.K.

    Jasmine Hodge-Lake, Jun 11, 2006
  11. Jasmine Hodge-Lake

    Leythos Guest

    I have 4 x 512MB in several of them, and they run just fine. Maybe you
    need to flash your BIOS with the current one or maybe you just need top
    stop purchasing cheap RAM.

    Leythos, Jun 12, 2006
  12. Well, it does. You may argue about the configuration, but it`s populated
    with four 1GB sticks, running absolutely reliable for weeks under heavy
    load caused by virtual machines. Born as a temporarily solution it makes
    a great job.

    Niclaas Grehling, Jun 13, 2006