    Can this feature be disabled somehow?

    TIA, & Happy Christmas.

    Andy M

    Acedrew, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Acedrew

    outtaping Guest

    I'm mentioning an easy solution: Did you configure your hard-disks
    jumpers correctly?

    If hard-disk drive are on the same cable (perhaps even if not), they
    have to be configured correctly. I'm guessing your old drive is
    Master, and new is Slave.

    2 or more drives running together, hard-disk drive jumpers must be
    set correctly.

    Hope that's the problem, an easy fix to properly set master/slave
    (cable-select) jumper settings.

    Most hard-disk manuals have this info, or easy to find on the
    internet, or usually printed right on the hard-disk drive.

    outtaping, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Acedrew

    Acedrew Guest

    The jumpers are not the issue - the new drive is recognised by the BIOS
    perfectly - problem is that the BIOS reconfigs itself to try and boot off
    the last drive you added to the system.

    Acedrew, Dec 25, 2003