    Is getting rid of this worth buying an Audigy or maybe even a plain Live
    5.1? Is there another way to get rid of it?

    Maybe AD will release new drivers soon?

    Darkfalz, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Darkfalz

    Brogan Guest

    Yep, I get the same. Not so much during games, but especially noticeable
    when playing MP3s...

    Brogan, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Darkfalz

    Pief Guest

    I got crackling and foobars with this 1985 soundchip, and found it was
    because the output jack isnt designed for headphone load, but instead for
    line-out. Mines totaly clean plugged into hifi line-in or power speakers.
    ~worth a shot.

    ...pops can be a software/driver problem, but I dont get them with this SC,
    sure you got the full soundMax driver installed?

    Maybe get an extra Card, but it sounds great to me, for MP3 especialy with
    a dithering decoder, like foobar or winamps MAD plugin.

    Pief, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Darkfalz

    Pief Guest

    oh, also, if you have line-in or mic-in active (not muted) without
    mic/line plugged in, it can buzz and pop from static. Might be headers on
    the mobo to check connected right too (last resort)

    Pief, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Darkfalz

    Mikman Guest

    Until I updated the drivers mine used to make a huge crackling popping noise
    when it first booted into windows. and hissed nasty when I played mp3's and
    some games. When I upped the drivers to 5.12.1.3630 then it virtually
    stopped and sounds nice now... I have a set of logitech 560's plugged into
    it 4 satellite speakers, 1 sub and 1 center channel...

    I can't remember where I got the updated drivers from but it might have been
    from ftp.asus.de

    Mike

    Mikman, Oct 30, 2003