P4P800DX: Problem with microphone still unsolved...pl. help

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Dolp, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Dolp

    Dolp Guest

    I've got a P4P800 Deluxe with 2.4C.

    I am now using the onboard soundmax and installed the driver from the CD
    provided.

    The 1st time I installed the soundmax program together with the driver, the
    program ran the audio wizards, let me set the speaker and microphone and
    test them. At first everything was ok, unless the program failed to display
    all chinese characters properly.

    However, I noticed that when I rebooted the pc, the microphone failed to
    work, even if I used the audio wizards to set the mic again. It just showed
    no signals from the mic in the audio wizards.

    If i removed the program and the driver, reinstalled, the same situation
    happened...the 1st time after installation was ok but not after rebooted.

    But I noticed that the microphone works, if I just installed the driver and
    not the soundmax program. I can test the mic successfully from the windows
    built-in hardware tests.

    Can any P4P800 users help me? Do you have similar problem?

    I've sent the problem to asus...but no reply is received...so disappointed
    of their service.

    Dolp, Jun 29, 2003