P4P800E-Deluxe IDE drive on ATA-RAID controller not found in WinXP but Win2000

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Oliver Bardenheier, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Hi All

    I've got a P4P800E-Deluxe.
    I have two 80GB IDE Harddisks connected to the primary controller
    and a DVD-R/RW drive to the secondary controller.
    I also connected a third 80GB IDE harddisk to the ATA-RAID controller,
    just to use this as a additional normal drive, no RAID configured
    (=IDE) , enhanced set to P-ATA/S-ATA

    First I had installed Win2k which had no problems accessing the hd on
    the RAID controller after installing the Promis378/ATA driver.
    Now after installing WinXP the device manager shows me the Promise 378
    controller in error:
    Device could not be started (Code10)

    Any ideas, comments ??
    Need more infos ??

    any help appreciated.
    Oliver

    Oliver Bardenheier, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Oliver Bardenheier

    Art Mosher Guest

    There are two DIFFERENT drivers that can be associated with the
    Promise controller - one for RAID & one for plain IDE/ATA. I got the
    RAID one from the ASUS site & when I went back to non-RAID, from the
    P4C800D CD.

    - Art

    Art Mosher, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Thanks,

    I already found that WinXP didn't choose the ATA driver and took the
    RAID. So, I forced it manually to take the ATA driver from CD.
    Now it works fine.

    Oliver

    Oliver Bardenheier, Jun 11, 2004