    Everything working fine except the light in my MS optical mouse (ps-2)
    stays on. Can't find anything in the bios that isn't already disabled that
    would correct this. Any Ideas??

    Tom Roggenkamp, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Tom Roggenkamp

    Ed Guest

    I'd try it on a USB port if the mouse came with a PS2 to USB convertor.

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Tom Roggenkamp

    Paul Guest

    Check the manual for USBPWRxx headers. The PWR headers allow you
    to select powering via +5V or +5VSB. If you choose +5VSB, the
    device plugged into that port will receive power after the computer
    is shutdown or goes to sleep. That is useful if you need a "wakeup"
    function to work. Otherwise, choose the +5V option on the PWR
    header, as then when the computer is shut down, so is the
    peripheral on that port.

    PWR headers are available for PS/2 ports and for USB ports, so either
    PS/2 or USB devices have powering options.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Thanks to all, I changed the mouse over to the USB port and it solved the
    problem
    but I'm still going to check the jumpers. They are supposed to be set to +5v
    by default
    but I'll believe it when I see it. Thanks again Tom

    Tom Roggenkamp, Feb 8, 2004