    to 150 with this motherboard. I would rather know before I mount it.

    Thanks
    Ken K

    Ken, Dec 21, 2006

  2. Ken

    DaveW Guest

    The P4PE, which I use, can recognize up to a 137GB harddrive.

    DaveW, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    DaveW said the following on 12/21/2006 3:53 PM:
    Actually, I think it will recognize a lot more than that. I have 3
    250GB hdd's, a 300 GB hdd and now a 500 GB hdd. One is an IDE drive on
    the primary IDE channel, a second is an IDE drive running on the IDE
    connector of the Promise SATA controller, one is on the primary
    connector of the SATA controller, and two on a Promise SATAII-150 TX2
    controller card.

    My question was whether I could mount a SATA-300 drive on the board
    without having to force it down to 150 (there is a tiny jumper that can
    do it) or not. I tried the "not" and it worked.

    Thanks
    Ken K

    Ken, Dec 22, 2006
  4. The BIOS, the S-ATA controller or the OS?

    I have used a 250GB drive in an external box with my P4PE.
    Havn't connected it to the Promise S-ATA controller yet.
    But word is that this will work OK if I keep the max partition size
    down below 137GB (I even formatted 100GB partiotions with FAT32 :)

    Lars-Erik Østerud, Dec 23, 2006
  5. Havn't tried that but I will with my new Samsung P120 250GB. I patched
    it to 150 in my external cabinet (that does only support 150), by I
    never got to try it in the PC cabinet. It vibrated to much so I had to
    RMA it. Hope I'll get a more stable drive in replacement.

    Lars-Erik Østerud, Dec 23, 2006