    I suspect I've got a bios setting that needs tweaking. Can anyone confirm or
    speculate?

    Shishimai

    Shishimai, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Shishimai

    bigbrian Guest

    I have a similar, but not identical issue, with the same mouse on a
    new build with a P4P800. Sometimes when it boots, the mouse just isn't
    there. You can see the pointer, but it doesn't move. Sometimes it is,
    and works fine. Sometimes when its there on boot up, it stops working
    after a while and you have to reset. The batteries are new, and its
    well within range. FWIW, I don't get any similar problems with the
    keyboard that came with it as part of the Logitech Cordless Desktop
    Optical package.

    Its a PITA and I'd love to know if there's a known solution

    Cheers

    Brian

    bigbrian, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Shishimai

    Shishimai Guest

    Sounds like a PITA for sure. My mouse is *always* there. Never absent. So
    compared to you my problem is very minor. Like you however, I have zero
    problem with the keyboard. And mine is not a battery issue for sure.

    A couple things you might try, but which have no bearing on my problem:

    1) move the receiver away from anything that might be putting out RF (too close
    to the monitor is a common problem)

    2) change the attitude of the receiver (put it on its side, even, or otherwise
    reorient it)

    Shishimai

    Shishimai, Jun 30, 2003