P4PE Overclock - bios 1003/4/5/6.. going down-hill?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Immuno, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Immuno

    Immuno Guest

    Is it my imagination or is the max OC achievable on my machine with the more
    recent bios upgrades for the P4PE board going down - (because of the bios)?

    For the moment I'm choosing to (temporarily) ignore the fact that running
    everything modestly overvolted, a P4 2.4B @ 2.7+ and Corsair XMS 333 sticks
    at ~400 for months may have taken their toll :eek:)

    Its just that I have a suspicion that in order to accommodate the 800 FSB
    P4c's the 533's overclockability may have been sacrificed along the way.

    Anyone got an opinion on which of the previous bios' more "OC-helpful".

    ..... !'m willing to accept that I'm in denial about "abusing" the hardware -
    I've just got to get the paranoia taken care of first :eek:)

    Pete

    Pete

    Immuno, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Immuno

    Shmat Guest

    " !'m willing to accept that I'm in denial about "abusing" the hardware -
    I've just got to get the paranoia taken care of first :eek:)">>>>HAHAHA!!

    Seriously though, if you aren't running your overvolting over 10 percent of
    spec, your HW should never have issues..

    Shmat, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Immuno

    Immuno Guest

    Nah....

    cpu @ 1.575 volt
    mem @ 2.7 volt
    AGP @ 1.6 volt (R9700pro+)

    Pete

    Immuno, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Immuno

    Gary Hegan Guest

    I have had no problems with any of the Bios 1001-1006. I am running P4
    [email protected] at default vcore. I am using Corsair XMS PC3500 and it is running
    at 427MHz. It could be your memory holding you back. I have had problems
    with Corsair running beyond it's rated speed.

    Gary Hegan, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Immuno

    Immuno Guest

    Ahhhhhh, you must be the guy with the 200L liquid nitrogen Dewar sitting
    out-side their house :eek:))))))

    Immuno, Aug 8, 2003
  6. LOLOLOLOL
    Nuts.
    Ram might Be my Problem

    Dennis E Strausser Jr (Raichu!!), don't fear my electric
    I won't use it if I feel safe.

    Raichu Mouse Pokémon, Aug 9, 2003