    Thank you,
    Merci pour les français
    P.L

    PL, Aug 20, 2004

  2. PL

    Paul Guest

    1) Is there an AD1980 chip actually on the board ? In other words,
    is this a P4PE with audio option ? Verify the board has a
    sound chip physically on it.

    2) The BIOS description says it enables the CODEC only if an
    audio device is detected on one of the audio connectors.
    Plug a set of headphones into the Lineout jack, and then
    try to install the software.

    From the manual:

    "Onboard AC97 Audio Controller [Auto]

    [Auto] allows the BIOS to detect whether you are using any audio
    device. If an audio device is detected, the onboard audio controller
    is enabled; if no audio device is detected, the controller is
    disabled. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Auto]"

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 21, 2004

  3. PL

    PL Guest

    My motherboard is 2001 - november / it's a chip AD 1980
    reinstallation soft Soundmax aborted.
    Message : No ADI codec driver Installed.
    Ok, it's " AUTO "
    Ok, it's " AUTO " in the bios. At the start, the Speech POST
    reporter is ok, a have sound, no Windows.

    PL, Aug 21, 2004