    RAM back? Will a RAM speed and CPU FSB mismatch cause a problem like
    this with this board?

    thanks

    dc, Jan 1, 2005

  2. That memory setup shouldn't be a problem, I can't see any reason why
    you'd want/need to run PC2100 memory on that system.

    Have you tried running Memtest86 on it? That would probably help nail
    down if it was a RAM problem.

    However, RAM problems don't tend to cause system reboots - I would be
    more likely to suspect the power supply for example..

    Robert Hancock, Jan 1, 2005

  3. dc

    Sept1967 Guest

    Manually set the memory speed in BIOS to PC2700/DDR333 - not auto.
    Check the memory to see if it is seated in the proper slots (A1,B1) for dual
    channel.

    Sept1967, Jan 2, 2005
  4. dc

    dc Guest

    There are only two DDR slots in the board, and I don't believe there is any
    such memory speed setting in the BIOS... the speed is reported, but you
    cannot adjust it... I'll double check though.

    dc, Jan 2, 2005
  5. dc

    dc Guest

    My mistake, there are four DDR slots; however the PC3200 DIMMs are in the
    proper A1 and B1 (blue) channels.

    I have also double checked the BIOS and confirmed there is no setting to
    adjust the memory speed from auto to any manual configuration.

    dc, Jan 2, 2005
  6. dc

    dc Guest

    It's a brand-new 400 watt PSU... I guess I can swap in another one but
    somehow I doubt it is the problem. I've come across a number of posts
    about post and reboot problems with this board in Usenet and they mostly
    seem memory related. I could be wrong.

    dc, Jan 3, 2005