P4R800-VM won't POST until reset button pressed.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by greenr28, Apr 18, 2005.

  1. greenr28

    greenr28 Guest

    I've had this board for awhile now and have had this problem from day
    one. Have upgraded to latest BIOS, but didn't help. Have tried many
    different things found on the WEB, but nothing seems to help. When I
    first turn computer on, it does not POST and no beep. Fans, HD,
    Monitor, CD lights all come on but no POST, no beep. Once I press the
    reset button, system will POST, there is a beep, monittor light turns
    from yellow to green, then starts normally. If I do a restart after
    it's been on, it's OK. If I do a complete shutdown for a moment, it's
    OK. Once it's been off for while, several minutes, hours, or
    overnight, it won't POST until the reset button is pressed. I haven't
    worried about it much, since it starts everytime after pressing the
    reset button. I e-mailed ASUS support and they told me the power
    button was probably bad. Since everything turns on when button is
    pressed, I decided not to e-mail them back. Has anyone else had this
    problem with this board? Please post here.

    RG

    greenr28, Apr 18, 2005