P4SCA + 4GB RAM = reboot ?

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Technotrone, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Technotrone

    Technotrone Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having a problem with a P4SCA mo/bo with 4GB of RAM installed and P4
    3GHz with H-Threading.
    Windows install crashes, memory test (memtest86.com) fails with last mb
    giving errors. Above all, a simple stability test and the whole system
    reboots on its own few minutes into the test.

    With just 3 Gigs of ram it seems stable. I can install windows without
    errors at least.

    I'm using Samsun DDR3200 4x1GB chips auto-set by BIOS, non-ECC.
    Temperature and voltages are within operating parameters.

    The system shows total ram as 3.5 Gigs, which is expected with this ammount
    of memory installed (4GB).

    I'm hoping someone from MS frequents this forum and might be able to help me.

    Thanks in advance.

    Technotrone, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Technotrone

    Technotrone Guest

    (Technotrone) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having a problem with a P4SCA mo/bo with 4GB of RAM installed and P4
    > 3GHz with H-Threading.
    > Windows install crashes, memory test (memtest86.com) fails with last mb
    > giving errors. Above all, a simple stability test and the whole system
    > reboots on its own few minutes into the test.
    >
    > With just 3 Gigs of ram it seems stable. I can install windows without
    > errors at least.
    >
    > I'm using Samsun DDR3200 4x1GB chips auto-set by BIOS, non-ECC.
    > Temperature and voltages are within operating parameters.
    >
    > The system shows total ram as 3.5 Gigs, which is expected with this ammount
    > of memory installed (4GB).
    >
    > I'm hoping someone from MS frequents this forum and might be able to help me.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    UPDATE:

    Someone from their tech support (John) told me vial email that they
    tested
    this mobo with only one brand/model 1Gb dual DDR module by ATP,
    essentially, a micron module. Even with all 4 it works fine and memory
    testing passes.

    Technotrone, Feb 9, 2004