    a newer motherboard, but may end up using it on one of my
    older systems (if possible). I believe they are P4T or P4T-E.
    Does anyone know if it's compatible?

    _R, Mar 12, 2005

  2. _R

    Paul Guest

    Geforce FX5600.

    Judging by pictures, has universal keying, and can run at
    either 1.5V or 3.3V . Supports 2X,4X,8X. The P4T/P4TE are
    1.5V only, and will work fine with a universal card. Both
    have AGP pro slots. The P4T manual is a bit coy about what
    voltage to use, but the picture of the motherboard shows
    the AGP slot has the 1.5V key installed. Neither motherboard
    has an AGP warn red LED, which would have been extra insurance,
    but I'm not expecting trouble in this case anyway. Just don't
    stick an SIS305 in there.

    Looks OK to me. Unless you have some older video cards,
    generally keying prevents accidents. And the FX5600 is
    recent enough.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 12, 2005

  3. _R

    _R Guest

    Thanks. Yeah, I found the P4T manual to be obscure about this.
    Of course they couldn't be expected to see into the future, but
    some comments on voltages and standards would have been
    nice.

    _R, Mar 13, 2005