    can use the sliders or select smartcooling, but the fan doesn't react.
    I have tried different Bios, Three different Powersupplies, etc...
    Any suggestions?

    Golfe, Apr 9, 2004

  2. I'm also using a P4T533-C and I have the same issue with my VGA-card (Asus
    8200 Pure). I'd found out, that the "error"-message from Smart-Doctor
    appears only if the card becomes hot during playing a game. It seems to be
    very strange, because when I've used the card on older systems (P3B-F) the
    temperature was much lower while playing a game... But I've no crashes or
    other problems with that. Sorry that I cannot help you with a solution...

    Peter Urbanek, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Have you checked the actual temperature of the video card after one of
    these crashes? I had similar problems with a P4T-E and found the video
    card (either a GeForce2 MX or later an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro) to be almost
    too hot to touch. Placing a slot fan below the video card eliminated
    the problem. Even if the rest of your system is cool the video card can
    still get too hot as the chips are hidden from the normal direct flow of
    air through the case.

    Michael W. Ryder, Apr 29, 2004
  4. Golfe

    KC Guest

    I had a similar problem. I found it was a problem with my memory. XP ran
    fine, but as soon as I taxed the system with a game I got an error message.
    Mine would run stable if I cut back the memory multiplier from 4x to 3x.
    You could try that and see if it helps. I had Kingston RDRAM and they
    replaced the bad stick no problem.

    Kevin

    KC, Apr 29, 2004