    1010 (1010c.zip).

    Thanks.

    Scott

    Scott, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Scott

    Craig Guest

    I am running an AMD 3600 on an A7N8X-E delux board with no
    overclocking or any wierdness but my 9800 Pro 256mb card seems to be
    erroring out...often blu screening me. I have updated my bios to no
    avail. It would seem that this is a common issue for folks trying to
    play Halo on this card too (based on my research) i have no
    resolutions thus far

    Craig, Oct 24, 2004

  3. Scott

    Fleabus Guest

    Hi Scott:

    We have followed similar path. I use an Asus P4T533-C, had an ATI
    Radeon 9700 Pro a while on it before swapping it out for an ATI Radeon
    9800XT.

    I don't know if it would make a difference but I use a newer but beta
    bios for my Asus board.

    1011c_07.zip
    1011-07 Beta
    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_478/INTEL_Chipset/i850e/P4T533-C/

    When I swapped cards I uninstalled the ATI Control Panel then the ATI
    drivers in ADD/REMOVE. Before restarting I ran the Catalyst
    Uninstaller

    cat-uninstaller.exe
    http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html

    That supposedly deletes all ATI related files from your system.

    I then shut down, swapped cards, rebooted, installed using the ATI CD
    and then updated to whatever Cat version was current at the time.
    No problems with the ATI card at all.

    My system:
    WinXP HE SP2 full/clean slipstream install
    DirectX 9.0c
    Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0.3705
    Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 SP1
    Lian-Li PC-6089 Aluminum mid-tower case w/4case fans
    Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550W PSU ATX+12V ver1.2 PSU
    Asus P4T533-C s478/i850e
    on-board Intel LAN to Alcatel Speed Touch Home external ADSL modem
    P4 2.8b\533MHz FSB retail
    1GB OCZ PC1066 RIMMs
    Panasonic FDD
    Promise Ultra133 TX2 PCI controller card
    2x 80GB Maxtor D740x 7200RPM ATA-133 HDDs [UDMA6]
    OrangeLink FireWire 800/1394b (1394a + b) PCI card
    1x250GB Maxtor One Touch External Ultra ATA-133 7200 RPM HDD [1394a]
    1x250GB Maxtor One Touch External Ultra ATA-133 7200 RPM HDD [USB2.0]
    Toshiba SD-M1612 16X/48X DVD-ROM
    Plextor PX-708A 8xDVD±R/RW CD-R/RW burner
    ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB AGP retail (Cat4.10)
    DV-I: Samsung SyncMaster 213T Black 21.3" TFT
    1600x1200 32bit 60Hz (native)
    VGA: ViewSonic P225f 22" Aperture Grille CRT
    1600x1200 32bit 85Hz
    TV OUT: S-video to 36" Sony Wega XBR-400 NTSC
    TerraTec DMX 6fire LT PCI sound card to Denon AVR-3802 7x110W based HT
    system
    Canon S750 BJ USB 1.1 printer
    Canon D1250U2F USB 2.0 scanner
    Logitech MX1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
    Logitech Cordless Elite Keyboard
    Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless USB Joystick
    Logitech WingMan Strike Force 3D USB joystick
    Logitech 2.4GHz Cordless USB Gamepad/Rumblepad
    Timex Ironman Data Link USB Watch
    D-Link DSB-H4 powered 4 port USB v1.1 hub

    Asus beta bios has had no issues with the above

    Happy trails,

    Fleabus, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Thanks for the information. I may have found the answers to the
    problems I was encountering. At first, I think I was having a thermal
    problem with the 9800 Pro, even though my case temperature never went
    over 34 degC. I installed a Zalman ZM80D-HP, and I went from screen
    both screen not writing correctly as well as video breakup and screen
    lockup to just the screen not writing correctly. That seems to have
    been a Java Runtime issue with Catalyst prior to version 4.10 - I just
    updated them this morning (which necessitated a Windows XP Pro
    activation, for some reason!) If all goes well today, those were the
    corrective actions needed.

    I may still update the Bios to the latest beta anyway.

    By the way, did you set the Bios to USWC and enable Write Combining
    for the 9800XT, assuming it also has that capability?

    Again, thanks.

    Scott, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Scott

    Fleabus Guest

    Hi Scott:

    My motherboard BIOS is set to USWC [Enabled]

    Happy trails,

    Fleabus, Oct 27, 2004