P4T533-C and Modem Blaster problem - Help

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Michael Willemain, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. First, thanks to all in the group for the guidance in picking hardware for
    my new machine.:
    P4T533-C
    P4 3.06GHz, 533 FSB
    512Mg RAMBUS PC1066 ECC
    430 watt ATX power supply
    120 gig 7200rpm hard drive w/ 8meg buffer
    Plextor 48-24-48 CD -R/ RW w/ 8meg buffer (black)
    TDK 4x DVD +R/ +RW w/ 2meg buffer (black)
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128meg video card
    Soundblaster Audigy II card w/ fire wire
    Creative Modem Blaster V.92 Model DI5633
    Cheesy 3.5" drive (black) -One still has to have a floppy drive
    Logitec Wireless Elite keyboard and mouse (black)

    I have just finished putting my system together and am having modem
    problems.
    Creative Modem Blaster V.92 Model DI5633
    The drivers and software go in fine, Windows XP sees it, the hardware
    diagnosis seems happy, but it will not connect. I hear a dial tone and hear
    it dial, then it makes a lot of noise like its trying to connect,
    but........ARGGGGGG. I'm trying to install my at&t software and just
    transfer my settings from the server.

    Any ideas????
    -Mikey

    Michael Willemain, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Michael Willemain

    Paul Guest

    Try a Google search: "DI5633" returns stuff like this -

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...20520$1.giganews.com

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...oFz9.4424$

    So, it could be driver problem.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Michael Willemain

    Tator Totor Guest

    hi- Michael,
    problems.

    Is your modem an USB model ?

    AFAIAC I'll ve probs with my external USB US-Robotic modem v92... ... it
    dials ok but get rarely connected. The only workaround was to use an older
    28 K modem.

    In a few days I will try to install an internal 56K modem TFM-PCIV92 from
    TRENDnet and upgrading with last Asus BIOS available; 1010c or over, aswell
    with USB2 patch ver 2.1

    Home-pc
    PT-533-C - P4 2.4B, 256x2 Rambus 800 GeForce4-TI 4200, etc.
    BIOS version: 1009, original USB2 version.

    Tator Totor, Jun 27, 2003