    Any idea's on what I burned up?
    Thanks for the help. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this.
    Scot

    Scot, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Scot

    Tator Totor Guest

    hi- Scot

    If I were you I would check:

    1) Rambus sticks

    2) HD system

    3) low battery

    I had similar issues on my home-pc few yers ago...

    Tator Totor, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Scot

    Scot Guest

    Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
    Scot

    Scot, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Scot

    R. Pazderski Guest

    Scot,

    From your other systems,
    Substitute another known good PS. If NO JOY:
    Substitute another known good Video Card with all other cards removed. If NO
    JOY:
    The board has failed.

    Contact your Vendor for a replacement. NEW P4T533-Cs are in some cases still
    available but if not, your dealer should offer a NEW substitute for a very
    (minimal) one time upgrade charge. Probably for a NEW P4T533 which are
    available. Don't agree for a repaired board. Other components on a repaired
    board are just as old and also subject to failure.

    You can also try a substitute CPU but CPUs once in service for a while,
    rarely fail EXCEPT if running in over clock for an extended time with little
    heat dissipation. The same is true for Rdram memory.

    Same thing happened to me on a P4T-E board after 18 months of service. The
    failed board looked fine under a magnifier but had a bad component.

    Best Regards,

    Rick P.
    =============================>>>>
    Hi Everybody,
    I have the P4T533-C in a home theater PC and it was working perfectly.
    I left it running over the weekend unsupervised and when I returned home and
    turned on the monitor, the screen and everything else was frozen. I hit the
    reset button and the screen went dark and then nothing. If I turn it on, the
    power supply goes on and all the fans turn on but no display and no beeps.

    R. Pazderski, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Scot

    R. Pazderski Guest

    Scot,

    I have noticed (2) P4T-E and (1) P4T533-C failures in the NG over the past
    week or so. All apparently failed after roughly the same period of service
    and exhibited the same mode of failure. I hope for the sake of all Asus
    850/850E Chipset board owners that this is not the beginning of a trend.

    My new replacement new P4T-E (ICS) is running great with a 2.53 CPU and (1)
    Gig of matched Samsung memory modules but I don't think I will overclock the
    new board to 3.0 Gig as I once did. Better safe than sorry.

    Newegg may give you a replacement option if you talk with the "right"
    person. I have found that with boards, it is better to pay a little more and
    buy from a trusted "smaller" dealer rather than from the "big" resellers who
    have "engraved in stone" RMA policies.

    Regards and Good Luck,

    Rick P.
    ==============================>>>>
    Hi Rick,

    I swapped memory, video card & ps one at the time and still nothing.
    The video card was the only card in the computer.
    I bought it from Newegg. Hopefully they will be helpful.
    Thanks,
    Scot

    "R. Pazderski" <wrote

    R. Pazderski, Jul 2, 2003
  6. I had a similar situation with the RAID model. These boards can get
    hot, and I wasn't overclocking. After swapping out every conceivable
    part I discovered my ATI All-In-Wonder was bad, as was the
    motherboard. I don't know if one led to the other, but it seems
    improbable that the AIW, which has been reliable for at least two
    years, would quit in tandem with the MB. Up until then I was going
    through hell trying to troubleshoot the frequent XP crashes.
    Fortunately, ASUS replaced the M/B and it has been working reliably
    since. Of note is that the replacement board has a HSF in place of the
    passive cooler that was on the chipset.

    José C. Ortiz, Jul 4, 2003
  7. Scot

    Scot Guest

    Newegg is sending me a new one. The old one did have a passive cooler.
    Hopefully the new one will be upgraded.
    Scot