P4VXAD - Promise RAID not detected

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Ralph Innes, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Ralph Innes

    Ralph Innes Guest

    This is a used (eBay) V3.1 board w/P4 2.53gHz.
    As received, JP4 (CPU voltage) pins 5-6 were jumpered, and BIOS was
    password protected. (BIOS V1.2f)

    I reset JP4 to 1-2 4-5 7-8 (default), and cleared password with JP1.
    With a new (bare) 80GB Seagate set to Master on each of IDE3 & IDE4, and a
    stick of 256MB DDR400, the boot process indicates "Detecting IDE drives..."
    but the "FastTrak Lite..." dialog never appears.

    I downloaded and flashed the BIOS to V1.3b, but still fails to "see" the
    Promise RAID controller.

    This is the 4th P4VXAD I've built (or attempted). I've got to be missing
    something pretty basic here. (In desperation, I even checked to see that
    the Promise chip was installed on the board!)

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

    - Ralph

    Ralph Innes, Jan 4, 2005