P4X400 Ultra Platinum & BFG 6800 GT OC Problem

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by GT-Force, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. GT-Force

    GT-Force Guest

    Hi,

    I posted this before in several nVidia-related forums, but after trying my
    card in an Intel-based motherboard without any problems, I decided to try
    here.

    The original message is here with screenshots:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1564

    "If I use 61.77 drivers, everything is fine. However, if I install any
    higher version driver, including WHQL and Beta versions, I get polygonal
    corruptions in several games.

    For example, in HL2 and in XPand Rally Demo, I see missing triangles and
    weird triangle extensions (I don't really know how to explain the latter.
    There are polygons drawn where they should not be, and often they look like
    they are extensions of other polygons. They look like lines or 2D rectangles
    in the air with textures on them.). I am trying to attach a screenshot,
    showing both artifacts (the missing polygon is a bit hard to see. It is on
    the left, seen as a blue triangle on the hill side).

    Is there anyone having this problem? Any suggestions for fixing?

    Thank you."

    and there is a follow up message in the same page.

    "I finally tried my card in another computer. It had a motherboard with an
    Intel-based chipset unlike my VIA chipset board. It worked just fine with
    drivers 66.93 and 75.90. This suggests that my 6800 GT is not defective, and
    that P4X400 chipset is not compatible with 6800 GT running with drivers
    66.93 or newer at AGP 8X (sigh...)

    Please let me know, if you find a solution to this problem, other than
    running the card at AGP 4X.

    Thank you."

    Are there anyone here with the same or similar configuration and problems?
    If so, do you have any suggestions to fix this problem? By the way, even
    knowing that I am not alone would help (yes, I am desperate) :(

    Thanks.

    GT

    GT-Force, Mar 5, 2005