P5B Deluxe and Vista Home Premium Drivers

Discussion in 'Asus' started by SDR, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. SDR

    SDR Guest

    Installed Windows VHP32 on my Asus P5B Deluxe and it was a easy install.
    Used a Plextor PX755SA (SATA) and every thing worked great. Tried to
    install my Asus disk for the chip set drivers and it would have nothing to
    do with that. But every things working.

    Few days ago while trying to get some DVD burning software to install,
    (Roxio 7.0 that comes with Plextor won't work) the Plextor stops working, no
    drive letter.

    I tried it in a deferent SATA slot with no luck. Pulled it and stuck in an
    older IDE Plextor and the same thing. Device Manager says it's not working
    correct.

    Plextor.com has nothing for Vista or Roxio.com.

    Anybody else having problems? I'm going to try the SATA Plextor on my XP
    machine and see what happens.

    TIA

    SDR

    SDR, Feb 3, 2007

  2. SDR

    SDR Guest

    Just tried another IDE DVD drive with the same results. Must be the
    motherboard of Vista.

    I'll keep looking.

    SDR

    SDR, Feb 4, 2007

  3. SDR

    Nonymous Guest

    Roxio 9 is Vista compatible. (At least Roxio says it is; I haven't gotten
    around to trying it yet.)

    Nonymous, Feb 4, 2007
  4. SDR

    SDR Guest

    Found the problem. Apparently while trying to install Roxio 7.0 or
    InterVedeo that came with the Plextor and P5B Deluxe it caused a driver
    problem in the ACPI application. I went back to a earlier restore point and
    everything is rosey again.

    Thank God for Restore.

    SDR

    SDR, Feb 5, 2007