    the sound back and I can't even find that AudioESP mini app to try to run it
    again to get things right.

    Any suggestions?

    Walter_Slipperman, Feb 5, 2008

  2. I guess I solved it.

    I went into the Device Manager and uninstalled the SoundMAX Integrated
    Digital HD Audio entry. Then I installed the SoundMAX driver that comes on
    the P5E installation disk. Then after a reboot the AudioESP came up again
    and I was able to correctly assign the speaker port. I haven't tried
    getting the second user configured, nor the front panel connectors for the
    headphones but at least I am up and running on the main sound.

    Walter_Slipperman, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Walter_Slipperman

    roach Guest

    Or you could have just unplugged the audio jack and plugged it back in again
    in a different
    socket this would invoke the app.

    or you could have gone to control panel/soundmax/ and clicked the first icon
    at the top
    (stars and moon)this is the wizard and reassigned everything

    roach

    roach, Feb 5, 2008
  4. I had tried that. It did not invoke the app.

    I do not have a SoundMax entry in the control panel. In the "Sound" entry I
    have two items listed,
    - Speakers (green check mark beside it)
    - SPDIF Interface

    and I had browsed everything in the associated tabs but couldn't find where
    to launch the helper app for assigning audio ports. Admittedly I don't
    understand most of what I see in all those tabs.

    Walter_Slipperman, Feb 7, 2008