P5K jMicron does'nt detect PATA DVD Writers

Discussion in 'Asus' started by François KREBS, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. Hello everybody,

    I did an upgrade from 2 A8N-SLI to get Q6600 onboard with 2 P5K.
    Upgrade went successfully.

    I would like to share the problem I currently have (Bios 0603).

    I connected and internal Card reader in my case hooked to USB 11-12. This
    Internal card reader shows 4 additionnals Removable Disk Drive to the
    operating system even if all slots are empty. This worked flawessly on my
    passed A8N-SLI.

    I also hooked 2 DVD Writers in the jMicron IDE (PATA) Connector.

    Problem is, when the Internal Card Reader is connected (it adds 4 Disks), I
    cannot see the DVDs (in the Bios) nor in the OS (Dual booting Vista-XP Pro).
    Even more jMicron Bios seems to not be called at all. When I disconnect this
    Card Reader everything works fine.

    The problem is like when you have 6 HDDs, jMicron IDE Bios is not used.

    Hope it could help somebody.

    François KREBS, Sep 17, 2007

  2. François KREBS

    jparroyo Guest

    Thank you so much... I couldn't figure out why my PATA DVD drive
    wasn't being detected. Disconnected the card reader, and all is well.

    Jesse

    jparroyo, Oct 28, 2007

  3. Glad to see it helps you Jesse,

    Maybe Asus could fix it in a Bios update ?

    François

    François KREBS, Oct 30, 2007