    Any thought on the audio.
    thanks
    JIM w

    Jim, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Jim

    Paul Guest

    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=194&l4=0&model=1324&modelmenu=1

    Everest is the follow-on to AIDA32. The latest version is
    sold from the lavalys.com site. The last free version here
    is getting a bit old, but can still be used to list things
    about a system.

    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html (Everest Free)

    http://www.lavalys.com/about.php?category=11&lang=en (history)

    If nothing can see or list the HDaudio device, then either
    it is disabled or busted. It can likely be enumerated, if
    it can be seen. The following is an example of what it might
    look like, in terms of enumeration.

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883 (Realtek ALC883)

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks Paul for the urls and the info
    I think the mobo is bad here, so I put in a
    creative card and it works good.
    Jim w

    Jim, Jan 24, 2008