P5LD2 Deluxe: single beep

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Ralph, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Ralph

    Ralph

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Dear All,

    I have just built the following system:
    Antec Overture II (450W)
    Intel PD 930
    Samsung 250 GB SATA II
    ASUS EN7600GT
    Zalman VF700-Cu vga cooler
    Zalman CNPS7700-Cu cooler
    2x Corsair CM2X512-5400C4 DDR2 memory

    When it boots it gives me the annoying single beep, which means:

    Keyboard Controller error
    Refresh Time error
    No master drive detected

    The keyboard works perfectly
    The hard drive works perfectly (I am able to install and run Windows Vista)
    so I am guessing it has to be the refresh time error, but i have no clue what it means.

    CPU temperature is stable at 52 degrees Celcius and MB temperature is around 32 degrees Celcius.

    The system works without a problem, only that beep is annoying me up to the point of disconnecting the PC speaker from the MB.

    Does anyone have the slightest clue how to end the beep?

    Thank you,

    Ralph

    Ralph, Jun 26, 2006