P5LD2 Motherboard, boot up problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kevu, Sep 8, 2006.

1. kevu

kevu

Hi, I've noticed after reading this forums for hours, that there are several threads regarding about P5LD2 issues of not being able to boot the computer to BIOS. I have the exact same problem going on, but it was working fine for about 3 months (just bought it 3 months ago). Yesterday, I moved to a new house, I've unhooked my HDD as well as my Graphics card during the trip. I've placed the computer inside it's box (with the styrofoam). So I would assume it was protected from several bumps. I checked the motherboard for visible damage, but everything seemed fine. I reboot-ed it, and it doesnt wanna boot up anymore. When I push the power button, the monitor stays on standby mode, but everything else seemed to be working fine (all fans are spinning, HDD seems to be fine, etc), I've tried it with my friend's monitor, and still same result.

Here's my system:
    Power: Antec TP II 550 W
    MOBO: P5LD2 Deluxe
    CPU: PD 930, 3.0 ghz, 2 x 2MB
    RAM: PT PC2 533 512MB x 2
    HDD: S/G Sata II 300gb
    Display: XFX 7900GT 256MB

I've cleared C-MOS and reseated everything, still no luck. Any ideas on some solutions that I could do before I send it back? Any suggestions/ideas would be awesome-ly appreciated. thanks =)!

kevu, Sep 8, 2006
  2. kevu

jedi_smf

Have you tryed to FLASH the BIOS? And do you have your BOOT floppy disc?
    I have the same problem with Asus A8NE and i still can't start my PC after flashing it in many ways...

Usally if it doesn't start the windows and the monitor is like when the PC is not powered on - the problem is with the BIOS.

The first time i had this problem i removed the battery for 30 seconds when the power is unplugged and when i started it again - it just asked to BOOT with it's DEFAULT settings and it started OK. But be carefull - this kind of FLASHING the BIOS is not too dangerous comparing to the HOT FLASH when you remove the BIOS chipset when the computer is runing but still ...

I haven't fix my PC yet and reading the forums makes me think i might have to buy a new BIOS chipset ..

Hope it will work with you and i will follow up to see for any usefull advice!

Good Luck!

Ivan

jedi_smf, Sep 8, 2006
  3. kevu

kevu

tried that, and still not working. Hmm, have u tried re-seating the different parts? Some ppl say it might work.

kevu, Sep 8, 2006
  4. kevu

jedi_smf

I haven't try that yet ... but i haven't change any slots - it's all like before ....
    Now i downloaded the last Chipset Driver and the last BIOS from ASUS website - but i only have a MAC runing in the moment ... i need to make my PC boot from CD and still don't know how... i am going to the computer store now to chat with the guy and will share any usefull info when i come back ...

Peace

Ivan

jedi_smf, Sep 8, 2006
  5. kevu

kevu

aight. Good luck ! Thx for ur help bud!

kevu, Sep 8, 2006
Ask a Question