P5LD2 SE - no option for AHCI in bios after windows 10 install?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Rainbowserpant, Oct 30, 2016.

  1. Rainbowserpant

    Rainbowserpant

    Hi

    Last week I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive for my windows 10 install.

    Now whenever I restart I get an error for the SSD drive 'SMART capable but command failed, Press F1'.

    After research it appears that I should enable AHCI.

    Although my manuals suggests the board is AHCI and Raid capable when I go to the bois settting

    Main / IDE Configuration / Sata Controller - I only have the option for IDE?

    In the right hand corner of that screen it even mentions if set to AHCI or RAID sata will be native mode?

    From googling it seem the best option is definately to have the setting as AHCI but I cant work out how?

    I have also tried updating the registry as many posts suggest to enable the change to AHCI after the windows install initally as IDE but when I reboot, I am still unable to slect the AHCI option, only IDE is present.

    Please help ?

    Steve

    Rainbowserpant, Oct 30, 2016