    manager speaker configuration

    Any ideas

    Kevin

    soulsbury, Aug 10, 2006

  2. soulsbury

    Stephen Guest

    Is the audio you're playing 5.1?

    Stephen
    --

    Stephen, Aug 10, 2006

  3. soulsbury

    Kevin Guest

    Thanks to Stephen and the previous poster Paul who put me on the right
    track.

    My previous soundcard (a soundblaster 5.1) allowed you to test the 5.1
    settings directly using a test function. I thought that the autotest
    function in the speaker configuration of the sound manager in the
    p5n32 should allow the same test. It obviously doesn't work that way
    as I have found out.
    When I tried out a DVD with 5.1 there was the expected 5.1 sound so
    the problem wasn't really a problem after all

    Thanks
    Kevin

    Kevin, Aug 11, 2006
  4. You will not get 5.1 sound from the SPDIF output unless the audio you
    are playing is Dolby Digital encoded (like from a DVD). To get surround
    audio from games, for example, you will need to hook up the analog
    connections.

    Robert Hancock, Aug 11, 2006