    bug in the firmware? I had to flash the board using a crap dual core
    Celeron so that it would see my Dual core P4 950 so I never had a chance to
    try installing the software on the old firmware.

    Joe Hodgenson, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Joe Hodgenson

    Paul Guest

    Have you tried 90 degree SATA cables ? It is hard to tell from this
    picture, but maybe the tail end of a video card might fit over it ?
    It might take a bit of searching to find one with a low enough
    profile.

    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/atta...fit-leadtek-6800-satacables5.jpg?d=1117225029

    There are "left angle" and "right angle" 90 degree SATA connectors, and
    that is how you would fit four cables when all four motherboard
    connectors are facing the same way. Scroll down...

    http://store.yahoo.com/cooldrives/saiandsaiiin.html

    Now, a picture of your motherboard, shows that there is just too
    much crap in that corner of the board. So even with right angle
    cables, you might not be able to jam everything in there.

    As for the flashing tools, it is possible the recognition code in
    the flashing tools, and the field formats in the shipped BIOS
    don't match. Trying slightly different versions of the tools
    might have straightened it out. Or maybe EZflash.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Thanks a lot. I had no idea those left/right angle cables existed. That is
    exactly what I need. I'll just have to find a place that sells them. Yours
    a lifesaver.

    Joe Hodgenson, Feb 12, 2006