P5PL2 - Overclocking or Overvoltage failed!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Chillbox, Sep 27, 2008.

  1. Chillbox

    Chillbox

    Hi guys,

    I have been using my same computer setup for the last year and a half or so, and reformatted about 3-4 times. On my last reformat, everything was usual, until at the boot screen, I would get this message:

    Overclocking or overvoltage failed!
    F1 to run setup
    F2 to load configuration and continue

    Now, I have been browsing around, and from what I understand, this means that there is some problem with the bios settings. Also, I have never overclocked my system at all, so I am quite stumped with this error.

    System information:

    Motherboard: Asus P5PL2
    CPU: Intel Pentium D 945 3.00Ghz
    GFX: XFX GeForce 7600 Gs

    I have also read that there might be an issue with people advising to bump up your voltage? Well either way, I'm not sure how to fix this, and any help would be appreciated. If any other info needs to be known, just let me know!

    Thanks in advance!

    Chillbox, Sep 27, 2008